McKinley has grown up so much this week already! She is no longer asking for a paci and has not had one in over a week! She goes to bed without them and has not even asked for it, which is so weird b/c it used to be routine! I guess she figured she was a big girl now or she forgot about them b/c we have not had them visible? Either way, I am so happy we don't have to make an issue of it to take it away. So as I find them around the house I plan to clean them and save for baby Lucy!
We also had 2 nights in a row where McKinley came to us and said "potty" so we undressed her (quickly) and put her on the potty and she tinkled! She thinks it is fun and says "I'm a big girl" and then when she is done says "finished." The other day she did it again but her diaper was wet by the time we got her up to sit so I guess 2 times so far is a start! We don't really plan to potty train at this point, she is just 2, but she has fun with this so far. She starts a new school in Jan and she will have lots of help too with teachers in the potty room in her class.
The next big step is a big girl bed which we plan to convert this week! I have a project to make her bed into a double, paint the guess room tan to match our elephant red guest room, find a cute pale blue for the nursery, find a fabric to match what I have for a coordinating curtain and bed skirt, and move all the furniture around in the correct room. We are converting 1 of our guest room's into the nursery and using the furniture we have, painting it black, and my parents bought us a black crib for Christmas, so we are pretty much set! I will let you know how she does with the big bed with rails! I can't wait to see if she likes it!
15 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment