CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
lovely little ladybug-sent from heaven above-please watch over my garden-and fill it up with love.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Great Fall Meal...

I made Jackson a great meal the other night: Mustard chicken with squash and potatoes. I have to admit I got the recipe from Poppy b/c he made it for us in Penn. You take chicken breast thawed and dip in egg and then flour, fry (with little evoo) in a pan, then set aside when done. Do this towards teh end b/c you want your chicken to be hot! To the pan add dijon mustard (I used grey poupon) and evaporated milk, salt and pepper. This makes a great mustard sauce for the chicken. I loved it! While I was doing that, I quartered an acorn squash, and then put a tab of butter on each 4 parts and then a good sprinkle of brown sugar. The squash cooks in the oven and everything melts and this does take a while to cook b/c it is a hard veggie and when done, it is soft and can be scooped easily. Then I split little red potatoes in half and drizzled evoo and S&P on them and put them in the oven while the squash cooked b/c they took about the same amount of time. You can make a salad with this too for before the meal. Very fallish and very yummy! Enjoy!

0 comments: