CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
lovely little ladybug-sent from heaven above-please watch over my garden-and fill it up with love.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

So how was your election day?

I was good to get up at 6:00 and quickly get ready to be at the polls at 6:50 to be at the front of the line. Think again. I finally cast my vote at 8:30, so it took me around 1 hour and 40 minutes of standing in line. My line (A-K) was definately longer b/c my neighbor got there at 7:30 and she finishing voting before me. After standing for 1 hour my belly felt funny and stretched, I guess that is the best way to describe it, so Jackson and McKinley came in PJ's to bring me a chair but by that time I was at the entrance to the church-oh well. I got up to the line for checking in and felt weak, like I was going to faint, so I sat down for a few minutes to rest then had to jump back in line--what a hassle. Is this really worth it? I can't believe after knowing how long I would be in line that I did not take a chair, book, and a drink! How dumb am I! Jackson went at 10:00 and called me and complained the whole time. You know if you are willing to stand in boredom for 1-2 hours that you must really want to vote. I know how important it is, so we hussled through it. No matter who gets elected, I will be praying for them b/c you know the road ahead for either candidate will be a rough one. Happy Election Day!

0 comments: